About a month ago I submitted the May 2011 issue of the magazine I work for to Apple for approval. As is their prerogative, anything that is going to be sold via the App Store or in-app purchases has to be given a once-over by Apple first. Fair enough.
The only downside was that I'd plugged in the wrong name. I entered April 2011 where I should've typed May 2011. Mind you, this was on a private string that'd only be seen behind the scenes, but it meant that all of my graphs and reports would be all the more difficult to read.
If I'd caught my mistake right away I could've simply deleted the entry with the erroneous title and resubmitted with something more appropriate. But it took me days to catch the mistake, and I couldn't risk the magazine being late to market to fix my error.
So, I did the only sensible thing and emailed iTunes Connect support. Sadly, they never responded. Or did they...
Tonight, I got a mass mailer from iTunes Connect informing me of a handful of improvements to the system that developers use to manage in-app purchases. Among them, was the handy addition of the ability to edit the reference titled used internally when referring to in-app purchases.
A couple clicks and taps, and my annoying blunder is gone forever.